About the role
As a charity, we depend on money we raise to fund the work of the group and need to report each year to the Charity Commission on our financial status. The treasurer plays a key role in the group, monitoring and managing the finances of the group, making sure that the group’s financial information is maintained accurately and meets all of the relevant laws, and submitting the group’s annual accounts to the Charity Commission.
Alongside this, the treasurer works with the section leaders and the rest of the group trustees to decide how to use the money we raise to provide the best quality scouting that we can to the Beavers, Cubs and Scouts in the Scout Group.
Previous experience of financial management is useful but not essential, but this voluntary role needs someone who is organised, confident with financial information, and able to communicate well. This is not a full-time commitment, but you will need to attend around six Trustee meetings every year.
The responsibilities of the Treasurer include:
- Complete a DBS check
- Complete the Online mandatory training, Safety/Safeguarding/GDPR etc.
- Manage and monitor the financial activities of the Group and its Sections and Trustees Committee
- Act as Treasurer for the Scout Group
- Prepare and present financial reports and accounts to the Trustees
- Ensuring that all financial reports, annual statements of account and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations
- Ensuring that the Group is financially able to function, has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place
- Prepare the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination and approval by the Executive Committee and presenting these at the Annual General Meeting
- Administering the process of Independent Examination of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules
- Willingness and eligibility to act as a Charity Trustee for the Group
Steve Beagley (Group Chairman) firstname.lastname@example.org
or Mark Wiles (Group Scout Leader ) email@example.com
or Contact us through the website HERE
Welcome to 1st Godstone Scout Group.
Godstone village is in Surrey – a great place to do our Scouting. We've got plenty of places to get out and get muddy with miles of walks, both local and national close by.
1st Godstone Scout Group has been in Godstone since 1908. It provides Scouting to over 50 young people boys and girls in three sections Beavers, Cubs and Scouts.
The Group meets in The Endeavour on Godstone green.
If you are new to Scouting or wish to find out more about 1st Godstone, then this website provides plenty of information about us our history and what we do, including how to join.
If you or your children are already in the Group, then you should be able to find most things you need including information on your section and some useful resources.
If you're new to the village, the Scout group is a good place to get involved in something that really does make a difference to young lives, building confidence and self esteem. We do this by learning through adventure and fun.
Too many children grow up without experiencing real challenge and adventure.
Together we can all make a difference through Scouting. If you'd like to be a part of it, please contact us.
We hope you enjoy our website and that it gives you all the information you need.